Early last month, Lupe Fiasco took to Twitter to announce the September 11, release of something called Peace of Paper/Cup of Jayzus. Today, we finally learn what’s behind that cryptic title: a dope new promo single. On this cut, the Windy City phenom continues the streak of dope lyricism he established with the much-buzzed-about second and third entries in his SLR series. Floss & Fame handle production, crafting a simple, yet effective keyboard/percussion groove to back Lupe as he critiques the industry in intricate, often cryptic bars. Addicts to controversy will have a field day ferreting out Lupe’s subliminal jabs at other high-profile rappers; as he puts it on the front, “These ain’t entendres, these are secret indictments.” This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can keep it locked for the latest on Wasalu Jaco’s currently-unscheduled album, Tetsuo and Youth.
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)