Even (especially?) if you weren’t feeling Lupe Fiasco‘s foray into pop territory with L.A.S.E.R.S., you’ve got to feel a little amped for the return of “mixtape Lupe” on the forthcoming Friend of the People. Today, we get a taste of the project in the form of Lightwork, a freestyle which finds Fiasco flexing his lyrical muscles over Bassnectar‘s remixed version of Ellie Gould‘s Lights. Watch for Lupe’s latest street album to hit the ‘net this Thanksgiving (aka November 24).
Written by richard on 10/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.