Even (especially?) if you weren’t feeling Lupe Fiasco‘s foray into pop territory with L.A.S.E.R.S., you’ve got to feel a little amped for the return of “mixtape Lupe” on the forthcoming Friend of the People. Today, we get a taste of the project in the form of Lightwork, a freestyle which finds Fiasco flexing his lyrical muscles over Bassnectar‘s remixed version of Ellie Gould‘s Lights. Watch for Lupe’s latest street album to hit the ‘net this Thanksgiving (aka November 24).
Written by richard on 10/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.