Even (especially?) if you weren’t feeling Lupe Fiasco‘s foray into pop territory with L.A.S.E.R.S., you’ve got to feel a little amped for the return of “mixtape Lupe” on the forthcoming Friend of the People. Today, we get a taste of the project in the form of Lightwork, a freestyle which finds Fiasco flexing his lyrical muscles over Bassnectar‘s remixed version of Ellie Gould‘s Lights. Watch for Lupe’s latest street album to hit the ‘net this Thanksgiving (aka November 24).
Written by richard on 10/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.