It’s good to see that in between canceling albums and crashing inaugurations, Lupe Fiasco‘s getting his regular lyrical workout in. Earlier today, the Chi-town heavyweight took to Twitter to unleash a record which he stridently insisted was not attached to his fifth full-length. (“DONT MIND ME….JUST STAYING IN SHAPE…JUST PRACTICE…LIKE A PIANO PLAYER OR A GYMNAST.”). Light Blue finds Lupe doing precisely what he does best: delivering complex, high-energy rhymes over futuristic production. DJ SimonSayZ provides the latter, backing the emcee’s fiery bars with thumping percussion and a grainy synth-bassline. Despite being a loosie, this joint should be just the thing to tide fans over as they wait for news on Fiasco’s next LP,
Food and Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Part II Tetsuo & Youth.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.