It’s good to see that in between canceling albums and crashing inaugurations, Lupe Fiasco‘s getting his regular lyrical workout in. Earlier today, the Chi-town heavyweight took to Twitter to unleash a record which he stridently insisted was not attached to his fifth full-length. (“DONT MIND ME….JUST STAYING IN SHAPE…JUST PRACTICE…LIKE A PIANO PLAYER OR A GYMNAST.”). Light Blue finds Lupe doing precisely what he does best: delivering complex, high-energy rhymes over futuristic production. DJ SimonSayZ provides the latter, backing the emcee’s fiery bars with thumping percussion and a grainy synth-bassline. Despite being a loosie, this joint should be just the thing to tide fans over as they wait for news on Fiasco’s next LP,
Food and Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Part II Tetsuo & Youth.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.