It’s good to see that in between canceling albums and crashing inaugurations, Lupe Fiasco‘s getting his regular lyrical workout in. Earlier today, the Chi-town heavyweight took to Twitter to unleash a record which he stridently insisted was not attached to his fifth full-length. (“DONT MIND ME….JUST STAYING IN SHAPE…JUST PRACTICE…LIKE A PIANO PLAYER OR A GYMNAST.”). Light Blue finds Lupe doing precisely what he does best: delivering complex, high-energy rhymes over futuristic production. DJ SimonSayZ provides the latter, backing the emcee’s fiery bars with thumping percussion and a grainy synth-bassline. Despite being a loosie, this joint should be just the thing to tide fans over as they wait for news on Fiasco’s next LP,
Food and Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Part II Tetsuo & Youth.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.