It’s good to see that in between canceling albums and crashing inaugurations, Lupe Fiasco‘s getting his regular lyrical workout in. Earlier today, the Chi-town heavyweight took to Twitter to unleash a record which he stridently insisted was not attached to his fifth full-length. (“DONT MIND ME….JUST STAYING IN SHAPE…JUST PRACTICE…LIKE A PIANO PLAYER OR A GYMNAST.”). Light Blue finds Lupe doing precisely what he does best: delivering complex, high-energy rhymes over futuristic production. DJ SimonSayZ provides the latter, backing the emcee’s fiery bars with thumping percussion and a grainy synth-bassline. Despite being a loosie, this joint should be just the thing to tide fans over as they wait for news on Fiasco’s next LP,
Food and Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Part II Tetsuo & Youth.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.