It’s good to see that in between canceling albums and crashing inaugurations, Lupe Fiasco‘s getting his regular lyrical workout in. Earlier today, the Chi-town heavyweight took to Twitter to unleash a record which he stridently insisted was not attached to his fifth full-length. (“DONT MIND ME….JUST STAYING IN SHAPE…JUST PRACTICE…LIKE A PIANO PLAYER OR A GYMNAST.”). Light Blue finds Lupe doing precisely what he does best: delivering complex, high-energy rhymes over futuristic production. DJ SimonSayZ provides the latter, backing the emcee’s fiery bars with thumping percussion and a grainy synth-bassline. Despite being a loosie, this joint should be just the thing to tide fans over as they wait for news on Fiasco’s next LP,
Food and Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Part II Tetsuo & Youth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!