Hopefully there will be no sample drama this time around and we can just focus on the music. For the second single off his upcoming Food & Liquor II album, Lupe Fiasco has chosen Lamborghini Angels, a thoroughly hypnotic affair driven by a beat from Mr. Inkredible that’s by turns pounding and swirling, club banger and underground exercise. For his part Lupe displays some of the lyrical skill that first earned him acclaim, laying down bar after bar of expertly delivered rhymes that, frankly, it’s going to take me a minute to decode. If the rest of Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album, Pt. 1 proves to be as gripping as Lamborghini Angels, when it drops on September 25, Lupe might once again reclaim his spot as one of hip-hop’s best emcees.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.