When one of the most powerful men in the industry (Jay-Z) co-signs your talent and backs your debut project, which isn’t being released under his own label, you know there is something special going on. Hailed as the next big thing to emerge from the Windy City of Chicago, Lupe Fiasco is here. He would have arrived on a national door step even earlier, if it were not for the online bootlegging of his new album (which subsequently pushed back its release). Produced by the Neptunes, ‘I Gotcha,’ is a follow-up single to the very successful ‘Kick Push,’ which uncharacteristically morphed together the worlds of rap and skateboarding. This time around a new challenge is at stake, becoming a household name.
Written by DJ Z on 08/22/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.