When one of the most powerful men in the industry (Jay-Z) co-signs your talent and backs your debut project, which isn’t being released under his own label, you know there is something special going on. Hailed as the next big thing to emerge from the Windy City of Chicago, Lupe Fiasco is here. He would have arrived on a national door step even earlier, if it were not for the online bootlegging of his new album (which subsequently pushed back its release). Produced by the Neptunes, ‘I Gotcha,’ is a follow-up single to the very successful ‘Kick Push,’ which uncharacteristically morphed together the worlds of rap and skateboarding. This time around a new challenge is at stake, becoming a household name.
Written by DJ Z on 08/22/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.