When one of the most powerful men in the industry (Jay-Z) co-signs your talent and backs your debut project, which isn’t being released under his own label, you know there is something special going on. Hailed as the next big thing to emerge from the Windy City of Chicago, Lupe Fiasco is here. He would have arrived on a national door step even earlier, if it were not for the online bootlegging of his new album (which subsequently pushed back its release). Produced by the Neptunes, ‘I Gotcha,’ is a follow-up single to the very successful ‘Kick Push,’ which uncharacteristically morphed together the worlds of rap and skateboarding. This time around a new challenge is at stake, becoming a household name.
Written by DJ Z on 08/22/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.