When Lupe Fiasco surprised the nation last Friday by dropping the lead single off what will apparently be the follow-up to his long-awaited third
studio album (and the sequel to his acclaimed debut set), he must have known that the ensuing buzz would make napping an impossibility. Nonetheless, on the newly-released joint, the man who brought us Kick, Push informs us that we’re welcome to Go to Sleep. Backed by the slow-burning, piano-led boardwork of 1500 or Nothin’, Lupe stretches, yawns and launches into verses that, though relatively subdued, leave no doubt that he’s got his head in the game: “Gettin’ up and goin;’ hard, never needed Enzyte / Come across as very calm, mental state is Zen-like.” While neither the long-delayed LASERS nor Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album, have received a solid release date, there’s no need to lie awake at night waiting for updates; instead, fans of the Windy City heavyweight can rest easy in the knowledge that we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.