When Lupe Fiasco surprised the nation last Friday by dropping the lead single off what will apparently be the follow-up to his long-awaited third
studio album (and the sequel to his acclaimed debut set), he must have known that the ensuing buzz would make napping an impossibility. Nonetheless, on the newly-released joint, the man who brought us Kick, Push informs us that we’re welcome to Go to Sleep. Backed by the slow-burning, piano-led boardwork of 1500 or Nothin’, Lupe stretches, yawns and launches into verses that, though relatively subdued, leave no doubt that he’s got his head in the game: “Gettin’ up and goin;’ hard, never needed Enzyte / Come across as very calm, mental state is Zen-like.” While neither the long-delayed LASERS nor Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album, have received a solid release date, there’s no need to lie awake at night waiting for updates; instead, fans of the Windy City heavyweight can rest easy in the knowledge that we in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Listen to More: Lupe Fiasco
Written by richard on 08/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.