In one year, Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco went from underground backpacker sensation to national superstar. With the support of fellow industry superstars such as Jay-Z and Kanye West, Fiasco’s debut album received critical acclaim. Unlike most artists though, the rise to fame didn’t change the sharp-minded Midwesterner. Further evidence of such humbleness is the lead single off Fiasco’s upcoming sophomore album, The Cool. Alongside singer Matthew Santos and producer Soundtrakk, Fiasco explains how some artists are meant to live the Superstar life; he just isn’t one of them. Could have fooled me Lupe.
Written by DJ Z on 09/18/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.