In one year, Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco went from underground backpacker sensation to national superstar. With the support of fellow industry superstars such as Jay-Z and Kanye West, Fiasco’s debut album received critical acclaim. Unlike most artists though, the rise to fame didn’t change the sharp-minded Midwesterner. Further evidence of such humbleness is the lead single off Fiasco’s upcoming sophomore album, The Cool. Alongside singer Matthew Santos and producer Soundtrakk, Fiasco explains how some artists are meant to live the Superstar life; he just isn’t one of them. Could have fooled me Lupe.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!