In one year, Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco went from underground backpacker sensation to national superstar. With the support of fellow industry superstars such as Jay-Z and Kanye West, Fiasco’s debut album received critical acclaim. Unlike most artists though, the rise to fame didn’t change the sharp-minded Midwesterner. Further evidence of such humbleness is the lead single off Fiasco’s upcoming sophomore album, The Cool. Alongside singer Matthew Santos and producer Soundtrakk, Fiasco explains how some artists are meant to live the Superstar life; he just isn’t one of them. Could have fooled me Lupe.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.