Heard in the sounds of hip-hop today is the nonstop bragging about cars, jewelry, etc. Great for radio and video play, but never refreshing, an artist who changes it up is Lupe Fiasco, bringing actual lyrical content and less smoke & mirrors. On his newest buzz single Coulda Been off his late 2007-bound follow-up album, The Cool, Lupe uses clever wordplay to divulge what he would do… if he wasn’t rapping. Lupe’s distinct delivery is something that has not been heard since a young Jay-Z and Jay himself has said as much.
Written by Chris on 03/19/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.