As Mohandas Gandhi once said, “A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can
alter the course of history
finally get Lasers a freaking release date.” Having won, with the help of his online-petitioning, protest-threatening fanbase, a March 8, release date for his junior set, Lupe Fiasco‘s gathered up a formidable slate of rap buzzmakers (together known as the All City Chess Club) to celebrate his victory by crafting an eight-minute behemoth of a official remix to second single I’m Beamin. Jumping on the The Neptunes’ sizzling choral-synth boardwork to spit full-length verses are the college-loving Asher Roth, crazy-yet-often-dope Harlemite Charles Hamilton, Chi-town’s Cool Kids (Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks each get their own verse), West Coast underground mainstay Blu, Rev Run progeny Diggy Simmons, Philly-based newcomer Dosage and ATL hitmaker B.o.B. The end result is, predictably, a downright mind-boggling melange of dope lyricism. As for who comes out on top… uh, I’m pretty sure it would take me all day to decide. So why don’t you tell me? Ready… set… debate!
Written by richard on 10/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.