As Mohandas Gandhi once said, “A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can
alter the course of history
finally get Lasers a freaking release date.” Having won, with the help of his online-petitioning, protest-threatening fanbase, a March 8, release date for his junior set, Lupe Fiasco‘s gathered up a formidable slate of rap buzzmakers (together known as the All City Chess Club) to celebrate his victory by crafting an eight-minute behemoth of a official remix to second single I’m Beamin. Jumping on the The Neptunes’ sizzling choral-synth boardwork to spit full-length verses are the college-loving Asher Roth, crazy-yet-often-dope Harlemite Charles Hamilton, Chi-town’s Cool Kids (Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks each get their own verse), West Coast underground mainstay Blu, Rev Run progeny Diggy Simmons, Philly-based newcomer Dosage and ATL hitmaker B.o.B. The end result is, predictably, a downright mind-boggling melange of dope lyricism. As for who comes out on top… uh, I’m pretty sure it would take me all day to decide. So why don’t you tell me? Ready… set… debate!
Written by richard on 10/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.