Lupe Fiasco - Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)
Artist: Lupe Fiasco
Producer: Simonsayz, co-prod. B-Side
Avg Rating: 4.0 ( 51 votes )
“Those who would trade in their freedom for their protection deserve neither,” Benjamin Franklin. And if I’m starting off a post with some revolutionary political quotes than there’s a pretty good chance some new Lupe Fiasco has been unleashed upon the world. The first we’ve officially heard from Lupe’s highly anticipated album, Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1, new buzz single, Around My Way (Freedom Ain’t Free), should be instantly recognizable to hip-hop heads everywhere: the track finds producers Simonsayz and B-Side putting a light dusting on Pete Rock’s classic T.R.O.Y. beat, building the cut around that more classic than classic horn line. For his part, Lupe is at the height of his politically lyrical powers, touching on everything from drug trade around his way to depleted Sioux reservations to the international politics that keep a country like Ghana mired in violence and poverty. Lupe’s not pulling any punches with his one, which should be more than enough to get some of those hardcore Lupe supporters counting the days until the release on Food & Liquor II, due to arrive on September 25.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.