When Lupe Fiasco calls a song his “favorite ever” you know it’s got to be something special, and sure enough new release All Black Everything is extraordinary. Like his previous release Words I Never Said, All Black is a deeply political and socially revolutionary record that isn’t afraid to tackle the big issues (no wonder Atlantic was so shy about releasing Lasers). The Buchannans provide the production here, overlaying live instrument percussion with angelic harps and a haunting vocal sample. It’s an appropriately epic backdrop for Lupe to delve into some lyrical black power imaginings, conceiving of a world where slavery never existed, the Constitution was written by W.E.B. DuBois and a black rapper named Eminem inspires white rapper 50 Cent to pic up a mic (let the controversy begin). Jay-Z may wear all black everything, and Jeezy may want his house to be All White Everything, but only Lupe dreams in All Black Everything. With music like this guaranteed to be on it, expect anticipation to reach a fever pitch for the long-delayed Lasers, finally dropping on March 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.