When Lupe Fiasco calls a song his “favorite ever” you know it’s got to be something special, and sure enough new release All Black Everything is extraordinary. Like his previous release Words I Never Said, All Black is a deeply political and socially revolutionary record that isn’t afraid to tackle the big issues (no wonder Atlantic was so shy about releasing Lasers). The Buchannans provide the production here, overlaying live instrument percussion with angelic harps and a haunting vocal sample. It’s an appropriately epic backdrop for Lupe to delve into some lyrical black power imaginings, conceiving of a world where slavery never existed, the Constitution was written by W.E.B. DuBois and a black rapper named Eminem inspires white rapper 50 Cent to pic up a mic (let the controversy begin). Jay-Z may wear all black everything, and Jeezy may want his house to be All White Everything, but only Lupe dreams in All Black Everything. With music like this guaranteed to be on it, expect anticipation to reach a fever pitch for the long-delayed Lasers, finally dropping on March 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.