When Lupe Fiasco calls a song his “favorite ever” you know it’s got to be something special, and sure enough new release All Black Everything is extraordinary. Like his previous release Words I Never Said, All Black is a deeply political and socially revolutionary record that isn’t afraid to tackle the big issues (no wonder Atlantic was so shy about releasing Lasers). The Buchannans provide the production here, overlaying live instrument percussion with angelic harps and a haunting vocal sample. It’s an appropriately epic backdrop for Lupe to delve into some lyrical black power imaginings, conceiving of a world where slavery never existed, the Constitution was written by W.E.B. DuBois and a black rapper named Eminem inspires white rapper 50 Cent to pic up a mic (let the controversy begin). Jay-Z may wear all black everything, and Jeezy may want his house to be All White Everything, but only Lupe dreams in All Black Everything. With music like this guaranteed to be on it, expect anticipation to reach a fever pitch for the long-delayed Lasers, finally dropping on March 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/24/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Gotcha" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.