Bills, banknotes, greenbacks… call ‘em what you will, but make no mistake about it: Lungz gets them Big Faces. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, beatsmith Wes P.‘s latest feature finds him joining forces with the Windy City mic-rocker to craft a street-ready ode to the Almighty Dollar. It’s a concept as old as paper money itself, but the execution is the opposite of stale. Wes goes for stark minimalism on the production tip, playing a sawtoothed, straight-eighth synth against a syncopated percussion rhythm as Lungz reminds us why the word “swag” still enjoys a place in our pop-cultural lexicon. In his braggadocious verses, the spitter expresses a passion for moneymaking matched only by his penchant for blowing it on luxury goods. (After all, he reasons, “...you can’t take it with you when you’re gone.”). Has this big-money anthem inspired you to step up your paper chase? You can find Faces (as a bonus track) and much more on the DJBooth-sponsored Wes Polo Collection, a compilation showcasing the beatsmith’s work over the past year (and change). Watch for the set to hit our mixtape page on March 14.
Written by richard on 02/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cheddar Speaks" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.