Bills, banknotes, greenbacks… call ‘em what you will, but make no mistake about it: Lungz gets them Big Faces. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, beatsmith Wes P.‘s latest feature finds him joining forces with the Windy City mic-rocker to craft a street-ready ode to the Almighty Dollar. It’s a concept as old as paper money itself, but the execution is the opposite of stale. Wes goes for stark minimalism on the production tip, playing a sawtoothed, straight-eighth synth against a syncopated percussion rhythm as Lungz reminds us why the word “swag” still enjoys a place in our pop-cultural lexicon. In his braggadocious verses, the spitter expresses a passion for moneymaking matched only by his penchant for blowing it on luxury goods. (After all, he reasons, “...you can’t take it with you when you’re gone.”). Has this big-money anthem inspired you to step up your paper chase? You can find Faces (as a bonus track) and much more on the DJBooth-sponsored Wes Polo Collection, a compilation showcasing the beatsmith’s work over the past year (and change). Watch for the set to hit our mixtape page on March 14.
Written by richard on 02/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cheddar Speaks" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.