Bills, banknotes, greenbacks… call ‘em what you will, but make no mistake about it: Lungz gets them Big Faces. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, beatsmith Wes P.‘s latest feature finds him joining forces with the Windy City mic-rocker to craft a street-ready ode to the Almighty Dollar. It’s a concept as old as paper money itself, but the execution is the opposite of stale. Wes goes for stark minimalism on the production tip, playing a sawtoothed, straight-eighth synth against a syncopated percussion rhythm as Lungz reminds us why the word “swag” still enjoys a place in our pop-cultural lexicon. In his braggadocious verses, the spitter expresses a passion for moneymaking matched only by his penchant for blowing it on luxury goods. (After all, he reasons, “...you can’t take it with you when you’re gone.”). Has this big-money anthem inspired you to step up your paper chase? You can find Faces (as a bonus track) and much more on the DJBooth-sponsored Wes Polo Collection, a compilation showcasing the beatsmith’s work over the past year (and change). Watch for the set to hit our mixtape page on March 14.
Written by richard on 02/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cheddar Speaks" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.