Nas, a legendary emcee and economist, once said, “Queens Get the Money. “ But why should those who reside in Queens be the only ones who get paid? Luckily, Chicago native Lungz evens things out a little bit with his new song release, NorthSide Get the Money. The title of the emcee’s latest effort isn’t the only thing he shares with Nas; both have an unrivaled command of the mic. Monthly-named producer February’s production is cascading and powerful, but the minimalist pauses are perfect for Lungz’ style. The instrumental’s loose structure also allows the Chi-Town native to truly shine, heightening the impact of his crisp, hungry delivery and guap-centered lyricism. NorthSide Get the Money is the latest song release off Lungz’ forthcoming album, IN E BRI ATION.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Always High" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.