There’s no telling when the Lord will pull your card, so spend your time doing what you love. In Lungz’ case, that means rolling through the city streets, chasing after currency. New promo single Live or Die, the follow-up to last month’s Paper on My Mind, is a hustle anthem of epic proportions. Beatsmith February‘s majestic brass fanfare, choral-vocal samples and street-ready piano loops accompany the Chi-Town buzzmaker as he stresses his singleminded focus on stacking that cheese. Rebuffing women who’d like more than an evening of his time, he spits, “F**k with me, baby that’s a privilege.” This joint isn’t part of a larger project but, given Lungz’ fidelity to the grind, more can’t be far away. As always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Always High" (2011)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.