As its title implies, Lungz‘s latest project was influenced by some “potent potables,” as Alex Trebek might call them. But what exactly is the Windy City repper sipping—top-shelf spirits? Champagne? Purple drank? On Empty Cup, the latest single off his new LP, he reveals the answer to that question: all of the above, with a special emphasis on column three. Backed by the hazy synth/guitar ambiance and trap-tinged percussion of J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League member Cam, the emcee touts his will to succeed and his insatiable appetite for sizzurp. Luckily, the fifth of lean he just consumed doesn’t stop him from delivering his bars with energy and steely determination. For this joint, previous single Northside Get the Money and much more, check out the artist’s Inebriation project, available now for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Always High" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)