As its title implies, Lungz‘s latest project was influenced by some “potent potables,” as Alex Trebek might call them. But what exactly is the Windy City repper sipping—top-shelf spirits? Champagne? Purple drank? On Empty Cup, the latest single off his new LP, he reveals the answer to that question: all of the above, with a special emphasis on column three. Backed by the hazy synth/guitar ambiance and trap-tinged percussion of J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League member Cam, the emcee touts his will to succeed and his insatiable appetite for sizzurp. Luckily, the fifth of lean he just consumed doesn’t stop him from delivering his bars with energy and steely determination. For this joint, previous single Northside Get the Money and much more, check out the artist’s Inebriation project, available now for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Always High" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.