As its title implies, Lungz‘s latest project was influenced by some “potent potables,” as Alex Trebek might call them. But what exactly is the Windy City repper sipping—top-shelf spirits? Champagne? Purple drank? On Empty Cup, the latest single off his new LP, he reveals the answer to that question: all of the above, with a special emphasis on column three. Backed by the hazy synth/guitar ambiance and trap-tinged percussion of J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League member Cam, the emcee touts his will to succeed and his insatiable appetite for sizzurp. Luckily, the fifth of lean he just consumed doesn’t stop him from delivering his bars with energy and steely determination. For this joint, previous single Northside Get the Money and much more, check out the artist’s Inebriation project, available now for free streaming and download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Always High" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.