Ready your speakers for some trunk rattling bass and ticking hi-hat goodness, courtesy of Chicago emcee Lungz’ new single All Right. A manifesto of sorts, All Right showcases Lungz’ impressive lung capacity as demonstrated in his double-time rhyme delivery over producer Phoenix‘s looped piano riff. Life can be tough - especially for many in Chicago who struggle to maintain under abject conditions and seemingly endless obstacles set in place by those in power with much to gain at the expense of the powerless. All Right isn’t about rainbows and unicorns as much as it’s about the reassurance that somehow, someway, things will be okay as long as you just keep living. Be sure to check out Lungz’ previous DJBooth feature, July’s Live or Die, and check back for more newness in the oh-so-near future.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Always High" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.