Ready your speakers for some trunk rattling bass and ticking hi-hat goodness, courtesy of Chicago emcee Lungz’ new single All Right. A manifesto of sorts, All Right showcases Lungz’ impressive lung capacity as demonstrated in his double-time rhyme delivery over producer Phoenix‘s looped piano riff. Life can be tough - especially for many in Chicago who struggle to maintain under abject conditions and seemingly endless obstacles set in place by those in power with much to gain at the expense of the powerless. All Right isn’t about rainbows and unicorns as much as it’s about the reassurance that somehow, someway, things will be okay as long as you just keep living. Be sure to check out Lungz’ previous DJBooth feature, July’s Live or Die, and check back for more newness in the oh-so-near future.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Always High" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.