Despite being responsible for one of the quintessential dance hits of the new millennium, Never Leave You (Uh Ooh, Uh Oooh), Lumidee has yet to prove herself as a consistent hitmaker among her many peers in the rising Pop-R&B genre. After drawing the ‘one hit wonder’ label a few too many times, the Spanish Harlem singer decided to relocate across seas a few years ago, hoping to find greener pastures in Europe. Instead, she found a whole new sound. Her new single, Work, is just as Electro House as it is R&B. Producer Gil Garcia lays down a steady 4/4 bass drum pattern with a rolling saw bassline, while Lumidee keeps her vocals simple enough for extended club play (watch out for the Hanson namedrop). Work will appear on her third album, Charm (TBD).
Written by Charlie E. on 08/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She's Like The Wind ft. Tony Sunshine" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.