Despite being responsible for one of the quintessential dance hits of the new millennium, Never Leave You (Uh Ooh, Uh Oooh), Lumidee has yet to prove herself as a consistent hitmaker among her many peers in the rising Pop-R&B genre. After drawing the ‘one hit wonder’ label a few too many times, the Spanish Harlem singer decided to relocate across seas a few years ago, hoping to find greener pastures in Europe. Instead, she found a whole new sound. Her new single, Work, is just as Electro House as it is R&B. Producer Gil Garcia lays down a steady 4/4 bass drum pattern with a rolling saw bassline, while Lumidee keeps her vocals simple enough for extended club play (watch out for the Hanson namedrop). Work will appear on her third album, Charm (TBD).
Written by Charlie E. on 08/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She's Like The Wind ft. Tony Sunshine" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.