Despite being responsible for one of the quintessential dance hits of the new millennium, Never Leave You (Uh Ooh, Uh Oooh), Lumidee has yet to prove herself as a consistent hitmaker among her many peers in the rising Pop-R&B genre. After drawing the ‘one hit wonder’ label a few too many times, the Spanish Harlem singer decided to relocate across seas a few years ago, hoping to find greener pastures in Europe. Instead, she found a whole new sound. Her new single, Work, is just as Electro House as it is R&B. Producer Gil Garcia lays down a steady 4/4 bass drum pattern with a rolling saw bassline, while Lumidee keeps her vocals simple enough for extended club play (watch out for the Hanson namedrop). Work will appear on her third album, Charm (TBD).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She's Like The Wind ft. Tony Sunshine" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.