As the title of his forthcoming debut full-length states, New Orleans crooner Luke James was Made to Love. Needless to say, it would take one hell of a heartbreak to persuade him to forsake his primary function. Desperate times, however, require desperate measures; on this Stacey Barthe-penned, unreleased selection, the NARS/Def Jam signee resolves to Love No More, lest his longing for a certain woman consume him entirely. Fervently as he may insist that he’s hanging up his hat, though, the passion and sorrow evident in his vocal performance say otherwise. Hit-Boy provides the cut’s lush, string-laced instrumental backdrop. Think this heartfelt ballad deserves a spot on the artist’s freshman set? Debate away—and, of course, keep your browsers locked for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.