As the title of his forthcoming debut full-length states, New Orleans crooner Luke James was Made to Love. Needless to say, it would take one hell of a heartbreak to persuade him to forsake his primary function. Desperate times, however, require desperate measures; on this Stacey Barthe-penned, unreleased selection, the NARS/Def Jam signee resolves to Love No More, lest his longing for a certain woman consume him entirely. Fervently as he may insist that he’s hanging up his hat, though, the passion and sorrow evident in his vocal performance say otherwise. Hit-Boy provides the cut’s lush, string-laced instrumental backdrop. Think this heartfelt ballad deserves a spot on the artist’s freshman set? Debate away—and, of course, keep your browsers locked for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.