As the title of his forthcoming debut full-length states, New Orleans crooner Luke James was Made to Love. Needless to say, it would take one hell of a heartbreak to persuade him to forsake his primary function. Desperate times, however, require desperate measures; on this Stacey Barthe-penned, unreleased selection, the NARS/Def Jam signee resolves to Love No More, lest his longing for a certain woman consume him entirely. Fervently as he may insist that he’s hanging up his hat, though, the passion and sorrow evident in his vocal performance say otherwise. Hit-Boy provides the cut’s lush, string-laced instrumental backdrop. Think this heartfelt ballad deserves a spot on the artist’s freshman set? Debate away—and, of course, keep your browsers locked for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.