As the title of his forthcoming debut full-length states, New Orleans crooner Luke James was Made to Love. Needless to say, it would take one hell of a heartbreak to persuade him to forsake his primary function. Desperate times, however, require desperate measures; on this Stacey Barthe-penned, unreleased selection, the NARS/Def Jam signee resolves to Love No More, lest his longing for a certain woman consume him entirely. Fervently as he may insist that he’s hanging up his hat, though, the passion and sorrow evident in his vocal performance say otherwise. Hit-Boy provides the cut’s lush, string-laced instrumental backdrop. Think this heartfelt ballad deserves a spot on the artist’s freshman set? Debate away—and, of course, keep your browsers locked for the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.