Featured on our front page back in February, Luke James’ I.O.U. was just the cut to warm Boothgoers’ hearts during the final weeks of winter. Just as you wouldn’t wear a down jacket in 90-degree weather, though, a cozy winter jam doesn’t sound quite right in July. To ensure that fans can continue to enjoy the record as the mercury rises, the NARS/Def Jam crooner has crafted a Summertime Remix featuring a revamped beat and a fresh guest feature. In place of The Runners’ original boardwork, Danja cooks up an airier, synth-driven backdrop for the singer’s heartfelt expressions of romantic devotion. Fresh off last week’s release of his junior set, MMG representative Wale contributes a confident closing 16. This promotional cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on Luke James’ plans as the summer progresses.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)