Featured on our front page back in February, Luke James’ I.O.U. was just the cut to warm Boothgoers’ hearts during the final weeks of winter. Just as you wouldn’t wear a down jacket in 90-degree weather, though, a cozy winter jam doesn’t sound quite right in July. To ensure that fans can continue to enjoy the record as the mercury rises, the NARS/Def Jam crooner has crafted a Summertime Remix featuring a revamped beat and a fresh guest feature. In place of The Runners’ original boardwork, Danja cooks up an airier, synth-driven backdrop for the singer’s heartfelt expressions of romantic devotion. Fresh off last week’s release of his junior set, MMG representative Wale contributes a confident closing 16. This promotional cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on Luke James’ plans as the summer progresses.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.