Featured on our front page back in February, Luke James’ I.O.U. was just the cut to warm Boothgoers’ hearts during the final weeks of winter. Just as you wouldn’t wear a down jacket in 90-degree weather, though, a cozy winter jam doesn’t sound quite right in July. To ensure that fans can continue to enjoy the record as the mercury rises, the NARS/Def Jam crooner has crafted a Summertime Remix featuring a revamped beat and a fresh guest feature. In place of The Runners’ original boardwork, Danja cooks up an airier, synth-driven backdrop for the singer’s heartfelt expressions of romantic devotion. Fresh off last week’s release of his junior set, MMG representative Wale contributes a confident closing 16. This promotional cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on Luke James’ plans as the summer progresses.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.