Featured on our front page back in February, Luke James’ I.O.U. was just the cut to warm Boothgoers’ hearts during the final weeks of winter. Just as you wouldn’t wear a down jacket in 90-degree weather, though, a cozy winter jam doesn’t sound quite right in July. To ensure that fans can continue to enjoy the record as the mercury rises, the NARS/Def Jam crooner has crafted a Summertime Remix featuring a revamped beat and a fresh guest feature. In place of The Runners’ original boardwork, Danja cooks up an airier, synth-driven backdrop for the singer’s heartfelt expressions of romantic devotion. Fresh off last week’s release of his junior set, MMG representative Wale contributes a confident closing 16. This promotional cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on Luke James’ plans as the summer progresses.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)