I’d be the last person to dis that marvel of evolution we call the human brain, but higher cognitive abilities do come with certain downsides—particularly in the romantic realm, where overthinking is less likely to clarify matters than to send one spiraling into confusion and self-doubt. Of course, you can only keep love under wraps for so long; just ask hitmaking songwriter-turned-solo artist Luke James, who admits his long-suppressed feelings for a certain woman on new single (and Booth debut) I Want You. Kadis & Sean come together with New Age Rock Stars label boss Danja behind the boards, layering gossamer backing vocals and subtle sampled accents over a brisk, head-noddable rhythm section as the New Orleans crooner lays his cards on the table, expressing a longing to end his “...broken record of one-night stands” and give his everything to the girl in question. Are you head-over-heels for this lovestruck selection? Then keep it locked; Luke James’ debut album, Made to Love, has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Chile" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.