Back in 2005, Papoose broke into the rap game with Alphabetical Slaughter, an acclaimed joint which featured the East Coast emcee delivering alliterative bars based on every letter from A to Z. Fast-forward eight years, and Luke Christopher has undertaken a similar task on his latest single, The Alphabet. Though the rules the artist sets for himself aren’t quite so stringent (not every word has to begin with the letter in question), his inventive, wordplay-laced bars impress nonetheless. The arguable highlight, however, is the production; Christopher’s addictive piano loops, combined with the uplifting children’s-choir chorus, make this joint much more than a sterile showcase of mic skills. Now that you’ve learned your ABCs, are you ready to move on to more advanced material? Then stay tuned; The Wonder Years Pt. 1 currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Luke Christopher’s Slick “23”-directed The Alphabet visual.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.