On his last DJBooth feature, Luke Christopher made the bold decision to rhyme over a flip of Regina Spektor‘s 2006 single, Us. The freshly-minted follow-up, Sun Goes Down, also finds the Panhandle State rapper/producer looking to an unconventional source for inspiration on the production tip; this time he draws from the realm of cinema, building a beat around Praise You, an original composition from the soundtrack to Wes Anderson flick The Darjeeling Limited. Christopher comes with thoughtful bars to match the catchy, wistful instrumental. In a melodic, conversational flow, he urges listeners to pursue their dreams with tenacity and persistance, while resisting the empty gleam of material wealth. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; this promo cut isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on the Booth fave’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.