I’m a die-hard hip-hop head, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t seriously love me some Regina Spektor. Well, on Statues Luke Christopher puts his spin on one of Regina’s most recognizable bangers, Us. A bold choice, but I am happy to report that Mr. Christopher knocked it out of the park. Over his upbeat, poppy production, which samples the aforementioned Us, the LA native spits more than a few lady-killing bars. Proposing questions to a certain “special” friend like, “How you love Beyoncé but never heard of Aaliyah?”, Christopher perfectly complements the beat with his clever wordplay and simple, yet exuberant flow. He even does a little bit of harmonizing with Ms. Spektor for good measure. Statues will appear on a currently-untitled, forthcoming mixtape, which lacks an official release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.