I’m a die-hard hip-hop head, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t seriously love me some Regina Spektor. Well, on Statues Luke Christopher puts his spin on one of Regina’s most recognizable bangers, Us. A bold choice, but I am happy to report that Mr. Christopher knocked it out of the park. Over his upbeat, poppy production, which samples the aforementioned Us, the LA native spits more than a few lady-killing bars. Proposing questions to a certain “special” friend like, “How you love Beyoncé but never heard of Aaliyah?”, Christopher perfectly complements the beat with his clever wordplay and simple, yet exuberant flow. He even does a little bit of harmonizing with Ms. Spektor for good measure. Statues will appear on a currently-untitled, forthcoming mixtape, which lacks an official release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.