I’m a die-hard hip-hop head, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t seriously love me some Regina Spektor. Well, on Statues Luke Christopher puts his spin on one of Regina’s most recognizable bangers, Us. A bold choice, but I am happy to report that Mr. Christopher knocked it out of the park. Over his upbeat, poppy production, which samples the aforementioned Us, the LA native spits more than a few lady-killing bars. Proposing questions to a certain “special” friend like, “How you love Beyoncé but never heard of Aaliyah?”, Christopher perfectly complements the beat with his clever wordplay and simple, yet exuberant flow. He even does a little bit of harmonizing with Ms. Spektor for good measure. Statues will appear on a currently-untitled, forthcoming mixtape, which lacks an official release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.