Recent features from Luke Christopher have seen the Panhandle State rapper/producer spitting thoughtfully about the complexities of relationships and the emptiness underlying the relentless quest for material wealth. On new promo single Puzzle in My Mind, both of those themes collide as the budding Booth fave critiques the priorities of a woman in his life. Rather than flipping a quirky sample like he did on the joints linked above, the artist achieves the same eclectic effect by way of a well-chosen guest feature. Delivered over Christopher’s own lush production, Brooklyn singer/songwriter Julie Moon‘s chorus vocals complement the song’s catchy, yet cutting tone. Does Puzzle have you craving more? Then keep it locked for future highlights in Luke’s ongoing TMRWGANGTUESDAY series, as well as details on any projects he might add to the agenda.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.