After Luke Christopher‘s lengthy absence from the Booth (Blue Skies hit our front page in early 2012), the Golden State representative must have a Hell of a Rhyme lined up for his comeback feature, right? Indeed—and a dope video, to boot. Here, the artist’s own string-driven production sets the stage for wistful, technically adept verses chronicling Christopher’s growth from a kid with big dreams into a powerhouse emcee. Dylan Walsh directs the joint’s sunny official visuals. This cut is part of forthcoming full-length Wonder Years, scheduled for release in August.
Written by richard on 07/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.