At the top of the month, Luke Christopher stepped into the Booth with Life Jackets, a video single that saw him struggling to win the trust of a new woman. Evidently things didn’t work out since, just two weeks later, we find the Los Angeles native picking up the pieces after watching the girl he loves walk out of his life. On Heartbreak Fiction, the latest release in his ongoing #TMRWGANG Tuesdays series, a bittersweet, self-produced synth beat accompanies Christopher as he expresses his sorrow and regret about how the relationship panned out. And, as if that wasn’t enough, he ties the record together with a poignant sung chorus. Fans can, of course, watch our front page for more from the RCA Records signee, including future #TMRWGANG standouts.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.