We’ve all got our emotional baggage. Luke Christopher? Let’s just say that, even if he takes advantage of Southwest’s generous checked-bag policy, he gonna be paying some extra fees. On Broken People, his first promo single of the New Year, the Cali rapper/producer reflects on the history of heartbreak and familial dysfunction that helped sink his last relationship. If that sounds a little dark, well, it is—but the record’s disarmingly sweet presentation makes up for the bitter subject matter. Christopher’s sung and rapped bars have a gentle, wistful undertone, and his production (sampled from singer-songwriter Kate Melua’s The Flood) sounds almost cheery. While you await further details on Luke’s 2014 plans, why not check out his last project, the DJBooth-hosted The Wonder Years (Part One) EP?
Written by richard on 01/22/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.