We’ve all got our emotional baggage. Luke Christopher? Let’s just say that, even if he takes advantage of Southwest’s generous checked-bag policy, he gonna be paying some extra fees. On Broken People, his first promo single of the New Year, the Cali rapper/producer reflects on the history of heartbreak and familial dysfunction that helped sink his last relationship. If that sounds a little dark, well, it is—but the record’s disarmingly sweet presentation makes up for the bitter subject matter. Christopher’s sung and rapped bars have a gentle, wistful undertone, and his production (sampled from singer-songwriter Kate Melua’s The Flood) sounds almost cheery. While you await further details on Luke’s 2014 plans, why not check out his last project, the DJBooth-hosted The Wonder Years (Part One) EP?
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.