If the weather round your way is anything like it is is in my city of residence (cold, gray and did I mention cold?), I’m guessing you could use a little Cali sunshine in your life. Well, you’re in luck—here to brighten up our day is Luke Christopher with Blue Skies, a cheery standout cut off his latest digital release. As on his first feature, The Rescuer, the 17-year-old rapper/producer takes the opportunity to showcase his skills on both sides of the boards. The result, however, couldn’t be more different from its moody predecessor. Over his own rhythmic piano chords, bouncy percussion and catchy synth lines, Christopher drops verses jam-packed with chipper motivational lyricism ( “It’s be the best at what you do and let the haters collide / but don’t worry little angel, you fly.”) and breezy trash-talk (“I’m here for a lifetime / and you’re just made ‘cause your hoe don’t like your flow and you know that she like mine.”). Has the Left Coast up-and-comer succeeded in putting a spring in your step with his latest effort? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh material on display on L.C.‘s Building Skies tape, available for free download via the artist’s Tumblr.
Written by richard on 01/4/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.