If the weather round your way is anything like it is is in my city of residence (cold, gray and did I mention cold?), I’m guessing you could use a little Cali sunshine in your life. Well, you’re in luck—here to brighten up our day is Luke Christopher with Blue Skies, a cheery standout cut off his latest digital release. As on his first feature, The Rescuer, the 17-year-old rapper/producer takes the opportunity to showcase his skills on both sides of the boards. The result, however, couldn’t be more different from its moody predecessor. Over his own rhythmic piano chords, bouncy percussion and catchy synth lines, Christopher drops verses jam-packed with chipper motivational lyricism ( “It’s be the best at what you do and let the haters collide / but don’t worry little angel, you fly.”) and breezy trash-talk (“I’m here for a lifetime / and you’re just made ‘cause your hoe don’t like your flow and you know that she like mine.”). Has the Left Coast up-and-comer succeeded in putting a spring in your step with his latest effort? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh material on display on L.C.‘s Building Skies tape, available for free download via the artist’s Tumblr.
Written by richard on 01/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)