We’ve heard them trade high-powered verses on hits like What’s Your Fantasy, Stand Up, P-Poppin’, Shake Dat Sh*t, RPM, and Gettin’ Some (Remix). Now, Ludacris & Shawnna are looking to resolve the age-old Battle of the Sexes for good in a knock-down-drag-out collaborative album. The first round features them both at a certain nightspot where Everybody Drunk As F*ck. As Luda cranks up his Atlanta-style game-spitting to the maximum, Shawnna picks up the fast-paced flow that’s so popular in her hometown of Chicago. Complete with a beat by DJ Montay (featuring a sample from 8Ball & MJG‘s You Don’t Want Drama), this record should get men and women alike pumped up for the forthcoming LP. The official fight is set to go down later this summer, so place your bets and pick your sides (being a young man as well as a Midwesterner, expect any assessment on my part to be as balanced as possible).
Written by Burmy on 03/24/09
Submit your Rating
Disturbing tha Peace/Def Jam
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.