Sometimes when you want something done the right way you need call an expert. Pipe sprung a leak? Call a plumber. Car won’t start? Grab a mechanic. In the event you should need a club banger to keep the party going, who better to call than Ludacris? On his latest single, Rest Of My Life, the ATL veteran recruits old friend Usher and hit-making French DJ David Guetta, who like his American counterparts has spent his fair share of time in the club. As the beat begins to build Luda presents his theories on alternative medicine “They say what don’t kill me can make me stronger/so two drinks a night should help me live longer,” before turning over the mic to Usher, whose powerful vocals set the stage for Guetta’s synth-heavy, trademark sound that will surely to get fists pumping and booties shaking. You can find Rest Of My Life on Ludacris’ forthcoming album Ludaversal, set to drop early in 2013. To tide fans over, the single will be available for download via iTunes tomorrow, November 2.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.