In the works since 2012, Ludacris‘s eighth studio album has been languishing in label limbo for a hot minute now. Seeing your project sit on the shelf can’t be fun, but the DTP capo’s clearly been putting his free time to good use. This newly-released single finds the ATL heavyweight and a pair of big-name wingmen cutting loose in the company of some beautiful, scantily-clad Party Girls. Backed by Cashmere Cat‘s rubbery synths and trap-tinged percussion, Luda offers a kinetically-flowed rundown of his sexual fantasies, including a physically-improbable scenario straight out of 50 Shades of Grey: “She whipped ‘cause she love getting whipped in the whip (wah-wah!) and I’m a black belt.” Def Jam labelmate Jeremih assists on the vocal tip, borrowing his hook melody from Aqua’s 1997 hit, Barbie Girl, and Wiz Khalifa contributes a hedonistic closing 16. Party Girls may or may not find a home on Ludaversal, which is slated to drop at a yet-undetermined date this summer.
Update: We have added the Hype Williams-directed visuals for Ludacris’ Party Girls single.
Written by richard on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)