Ludacris and Nicki Minaj on a track called My Chick Bad? We haven’t seen a pairing this highly anticipated since the San Diego Zoo tried to mate those two endangered pandas. The second single off Ludacris’ upcoming album Battle of the Sexes – following the now omnipresent How Low – My Chick Bad is centered around some chopped-n-screwed production courtesy of The Legendary Traxster, followed closely by Luda’s always punchline heavy flow and, I think it’s safe to say, the only verse in hip-hop history to feature a Lisa Leslie reference (I have to give it up to Nicki on that one). Still, this might be one of the weaker Luda verses we’ve heard in a minute, although that probably says more about the man’s incredibly consistent quality than any specific failings here. Or maybe I’ve been popping crazy pills? Does the Booth disagree? If My Chick is Bad puts you in the mood for some more gender balanced hip-hop be sure to cop Luda’s now Shawnna-less album Battle of the Sexes, which will now be coming out on March 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.