On a 1990 single off LL Cool J‘s Walking With a Panther LP, the battle-rap master advised his competitor to set down the mic and dance like the female he is—hence the jingling earrings. More of a lover (or, at least, luster) than a fighter, Ludacris puts a more literal spin on the the record’s theme on the lead single off his eighth LP, fixing his gaze on the Jingaling anatomy of a woman working the stripper pole at his favorite club. L.A. Posse, Cool James and Marley Marl‘s original boardwork gets a 2012 makeover courtesy of Da Internz, who supplement a tweaked version of the original sample (from the Rhythm Addicts’ Scorpio) with a fresh, syncopated percussion rhythm. While Mr. Bridges is too hypnotized by the bouncing booty to deliver much in the way of sophisticated lyricism (Representative sample: “You best come with your A-Game / Cause I’m longer than freight train.”) but he couches his lecherous bars in characteristically masterful flows. Time to weigh in: does this retro-freaky selection bode well for Ludaversal? Whatever your take, keep it locked to our front page for the latest on the yet-unscheduled set.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.