On a 1990 single off LL Cool J‘s Walking With a Panther LP, the battle-rap master advised his competitor to set down the mic and dance like the female he is—hence the jingling earrings. More of a lover (or, at least, luster) than a fighter, Ludacris puts a more literal spin on the the record’s theme on the lead single off his eighth LP, fixing his gaze on the Jingaling anatomy of a woman working the stripper pole at his favorite club. L.A. Posse, Cool James and Marley Marl‘s original boardwork gets a 2012 makeover courtesy of Da Internz, who supplement a tweaked version of the original sample (from the Rhythm Addicts’ Scorpio) with a fresh, syncopated percussion rhythm. While Mr. Bridges is too hypnotized by the bouncing booty to deliver much in the way of sophisticated lyricism (Representative sample: “You best come with your A-Game / Cause I’m longer than freight train.”) but he couches his lecherous bars in characteristically masterful flows. Time to weigh in: does this retro-freaky selection bode well for Ludaversal? Whatever your take, keep it locked to our front page for the latest on the yet-unscheduled set.
Written by richard on 07/29/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.