Like many hip-hop fans, I was shocked to watch Ludacris’ not-quite-as-stellar-as-hoped BET Cypher. Watching one of the most consistent rappers of the last decade not destroy a verse was like watching Lebron lay-up an open dunk. Something had to be wrong, right? Nope, turns out (per usual) I was just overreacting. As we can all hear from new release I’m On Fire, the Ludameister’s rhyme skills are as sharp as ever. While many will see Big K.R.I.T.’s name attached and assumed Krizza also held down production duties in fact it’s Mike Will crafting that soulfully burning, distorted guitar infused beat. It’s just the recipe Ludacris needs to get cooking on some of his hilariously swaggered, charismatically delivered bars: “...to a clown of hos juggling my bean bags.” Add in yet another top shelf guest verse from K.R.I.T. that pours lyrical gasoline on the already blazing fire and you’ve got just the thing to get the people truly hyped for the release of Ludacris’ free, Back to the Future inspired album 1.21 Gigawatts: Back to the First Time, set to drop on November 15.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.