Like many hip-hop fans, I was shocked to watch Ludacris’ not-quite-as-stellar-as-hoped BET Cypher. Watching one of the most consistent rappers of the last decade not destroy a verse was like watching Lebron lay-up an open dunk. Something had to be wrong, right? Nope, turns out (per usual) I was just overreacting. As we can all hear from new release I’m On Fire, the Ludameister’s rhyme skills are as sharp as ever. While many will see Big K.R.I.T.’s name attached and assumed Krizza also held down production duties in fact it’s Mike Will crafting that soulfully burning, distorted guitar infused beat. It’s just the recipe Ludacris needs to get cooking on some of his hilariously swaggered, charismatically delivered bars: “...to a clown of hos juggling my bean bags.” Add in yet another top shelf guest verse from K.R.I.T. that pours lyrical gasoline on the already blazing fire and you’ve got just the thing to get the people truly hyped for the release of Ludacris’ free, Back to the Future inspired album 1.21 Gigawatts: Back to the First Time, set to drop on November 15.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.