Like many hip-hop fans, I was shocked to watch Ludacris’ not-quite-as-stellar-as-hoped BET Cypher. Watching one of the most consistent rappers of the last decade not destroy a verse was like watching Lebron lay-up an open dunk. Something had to be wrong, right? Nope, turns out (per usual) I was just overreacting. As we can all hear from new release I’m On Fire, the Ludameister’s rhyme skills are as sharp as ever. While many will see Big K.R.I.T.’s name attached and assumed Krizza also held down production duties in fact it’s Mike Will crafting that soulfully burning, distorted guitar infused beat. It’s just the recipe Ludacris needs to get cooking on some of his hilariously swaggered, charismatically delivered bars: “...to a clown of hos juggling my bean bags.” Add in yet another top shelf guest verse from K.R.I.T. that pours lyrical gasoline on the already blazing fire and you’ve got just the thing to get the people truly hyped for the release of Ludacris’ free, Back to the Future inspired album 1.21 Gigawatts: Back to the First Time, set to drop on November 15.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/26/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.