In honor of the impending release of his Battle of the Sexes LP, Ludacris seems to have cooked up a little ‘Battle of the Remixes.” While the last version of How Low (Can You Go) to hit our front page, featuring Twista and (the somewhat out-of-place) Rick Ross, matched the original‘s Booth performance with a 3.75-star average, this remix (the second of three) just might come out on top. This time around, three house favorites handle guest duties. Trunk Muzik up-and-comer Yelawolf arguably steals the show with his rapid-fire middle verse, complete with a hilariously self-deprecating jab at 50 Cent (I won’t spoil it), but Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much of Virgin Islands duo Rock City turn in an undeniably strong performance on the back end, delivering sung and flowed bars liberally salted with PTFAO references.(“Put the f**king album out,” for those who haven’t been following the brothers’ ongoing crusade). So, Booth readers, where does this version rank in comparison to its predecessors? Whichever flavor of freshness you prefer, you’ll want to grab a copy of Luda’s latest LP when it arrives on store shelves March 9.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!