In honor of the impending release of his Battle of the Sexes LP, Ludacris seems to have cooked up a little ‘Battle of the Remixes.” While the last version of How Low (Can You Go) to hit our front page, featuring Twista and (the somewhat out-of-place) Rick Ross, matched the original‘s Booth performance with a 3.75-star average, this remix (the second of three) just might come out on top. This time around, three house favorites handle guest duties. Trunk Muzik up-and-comer Yelawolf arguably steals the show with his rapid-fire middle verse, complete with a hilariously self-deprecating jab at 50 Cent (I won’t spoil it), but Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much of Virgin Islands duo Rock City turn in an undeniably strong performance on the back end, delivering sung and flowed bars liberally salted with PTFAO references.(“Put the f**king album out,” for those who haven’t been following the brothers’ ongoing crusade). So, Booth readers, where does this version rank in comparison to its predecessors? Whichever flavor of freshness you prefer, you’ll want to grab a copy of Luda’s latest LP when it arrives on store shelves March 9.
Written by richard on 02/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.