In honor of the impending release of his Battle of the Sexes LP, Ludacris seems to have cooked up a little ‘Battle of the Remixes.” While the last version of How Low (Can You Go) to hit our front page, featuring Twista and (the somewhat out-of-place) Rick Ross, matched the original‘s Booth performance with a 3.75-star average, this remix (the second of three) just might come out on top. This time around, three house favorites handle guest duties. Trunk Muzik up-and-comer Yelawolf arguably steals the show with his rapid-fire middle verse, complete with a hilariously self-deprecating jab at 50 Cent (I won’t spoil it), but Da Spokesman and Don’t Talk Much of Virgin Islands duo Rock City turn in an undeniably strong performance on the back end, delivering sung and flowed bars liberally salted with PTFAO references.(“Put the f**king album out,” for those who haven’t been following the brothers’ ongoing crusade). So, Booth readers, where does this version rank in comparison to its predecessors? Whichever flavor of freshness you prefer, you’ll want to grab a copy of Luda’s latest LP when it arrives on store shelves March 9.
Written by richard on 02/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.