I’ll be honest. When I first heard Ludacris’ smash single How Low I found it aggravating, mostly because of the Chipmunks on helium hook, but since then, like a persistent lover (or a blood clot), it’s grown near and dear to my heart. The T-Minus produced booming beat and Luda’s razor sharp rhymes are just too big to be ignored for long, so you knew it was only a matter of time before the remix dropped. Interestingly, for the remix Luda went with two emcees, Rick Ross and Twista, whose styles are studies in contrast: Ross’ rhymes sound like he just woke up from a nap, while Twista spits like he just downed a meth-laced Red Bull. Ok, so it’s not Shakespeare, but for my money, the How Low Remix is still damn entertaining. So, which will it be people; the original or the remix? For more booty poppin and mic rocking be sure to check out Ludacris’ Battle of the Sexes (now officially minus Shawnna), due out March 9.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.