I’ll be honest. When I first heard Ludacris’ smash single How Low I found it aggravating, mostly because of the Chipmunks on helium hook, but since then, like a persistent lover (or a blood clot), it’s grown near and dear to my heart. The T-Minus produced booming beat and Luda’s razor sharp rhymes are just too big to be ignored for long, so you knew it was only a matter of time before the remix dropped. Interestingly, for the remix Luda went with two emcees, Rick Ross and Twista, whose styles are studies in contrast: Ross’ rhymes sound like he just woke up from a nap, while Twista spits like he just downed a meth-laced Red Bull. Ok, so it’s not Shakespeare, but for my money, the How Low Remix is still damn entertaining. So, which will it be people; the original or the remix? For more booty poppin and mic rocking be sure to check out Ludacris’ Battle of the Sexes (now officially minus Shawnna), due out March 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.