I’ll be honest. When I first heard Ludacris’ smash single How Low I found it aggravating, mostly because of the Chipmunks on helium hook, but since then, like a persistent lover (or a blood clot), it’s grown near and dear to my heart. The T-Minus produced booming beat and Luda’s razor sharp rhymes are just too big to be ignored for long, so you knew it was only a matter of time before the remix dropped. Interestingly, for the remix Luda went with two emcees, Rick Ross and Twista, whose styles are studies in contrast: Ross’ rhymes sound like he just woke up from a nap, while Twista spits like he just downed a meth-laced Red Bull. Ok, so it’s not Shakespeare, but for my money, the How Low Remix is still damn entertaining. So, which will it be people; the original or the remix? For more booty poppin and mic rocking be sure to check out Ludacris’ Battle of the Sexes (now officially minus Shawnna), due out March 9.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!