I’ll be honest. When I first heard Ludacris’ smash single How Low I found it aggravating, mostly because of the Chipmunks on helium hook, but since then, like a persistent lover (or a blood clot), it’s grown near and dear to my heart. The T-Minus produced booming beat and Luda’s razor sharp rhymes are just too big to be ignored for long, so you knew it was only a matter of time before the remix dropped. Interestingly, for the remix Luda went with two emcees, Rick Ross and Twista, whose styles are studies in contrast: Ross’ rhymes sound like he just woke up from a nap, while Twista spits like he just downed a meth-laced Red Bull. Ok, so it’s not Shakespeare, but for my money, the How Low Remix is still damn entertaining. So, which will it be people; the original or the remix? For more booty poppin and mic rocking be sure to check out Ludacris’ Battle of the Sexes (now officially minus Shawnna), due out March 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.