Despite all the rumors - and actual onstage announcements - it appears that Shawnna, the female head of the DTP family, has not left Ludacris’ label to become one of T-Pain’s Nappy Boys, in fact she’s proceeding as scheduled with the release of her upcoming collaborative album with Luda, The Battle of the Sexes. In order to build some buzz around that sure-to-be-fire album Shawnna’s released the stripper-pole oriented How Low (Can You Go), a track that’s centered around T-Minus’ absolutely banging production (though I could have done without the helium voice on the intro). Lyrically, Low is everything you’d expect from a Luda banger, but minus a couple words on the hook Shawnna’s completely absent. By Low’s line of thinking, every football game is a “collaboration” between the team and the water boy. Battle of the Sexes will come out sometime in 2010, hopefully with far more Shawnna on it.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.