Despite all the rumors - and actual onstage announcements - it appears that Shawnna, the female head of the DTP family, has not left Ludacris’ label to become one of T-Pain’s Nappy Boys, in fact she’s proceeding as scheduled with the release of her upcoming collaborative album with Luda, The Battle of the Sexes. In order to build some buzz around that sure-to-be-fire album Shawnna’s released the stripper-pole oriented How Low (Can You Go), a track that’s centered around T-Minus’ absolutely banging production (though I could have done without the helium voice on the intro). Lyrically, Low is everything you’d expect from a Luda banger, but minus a couple words on the hook Shawnna’s completely absent. By Low’s line of thinking, every football game is a “collaboration” between the team and the water boy. Battle of the Sexes will come out sometime in 2010, hopefully with far more Shawnna on it.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.