Despite all the rumors - and actual onstage announcements - it appears that Shawnna, the female head of the DTP family, has not left Ludacris’ label to become one of T-Pain’s Nappy Boys, in fact she’s proceeding as scheduled with the release of her upcoming collaborative album with Luda, The Battle of the Sexes. In order to build some buzz around that sure-to-be-fire album Shawnna’s released the stripper-pole oriented How Low (Can You Go), a track that’s centered around T-Minus’ absolutely banging production (though I could have done without the helium voice on the intro). Lyrically, Low is everything you’d expect from a Luda banger, but minus a couple words on the hook Shawnna’s completely absent. By Low’s line of thinking, every football game is a “collaboration” between the team and the water boy. Battle of the Sexes will come out sometime in 2010, hopefully with far more Shawnna on it.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.